The South East London Integrated Medicines Optimisation Committee (SEL IMOC, formerly known as the Area Prescribing Committee) was established in 2013 and is a partnership committee which provides advice and recommendations on important medicines related issues across the healthcare system in south east London.
The Committee includes membership from representatives of the following NHS organisations in south east London:
- Bromley Healthcare
- Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- South East London Clinical Commissioning Group (covering the boroughs of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark)
- South London and Maudsley Foundation Trust
The Committee’s work includes:
- assessing new medicines for prescribing within south east London
- developing guidance for medicines use
- contributing to our locally agreed formulary
The Committee also has several clinical “sub-groups” which report to it and provide expert guidance and recommendations on specific areas, such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease. Information on medicines approved for use locally can be found in the SEL Joint Medicines Formulary (JMF) website. The SEL JMF is managed by colleagues from Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Further information can be found in the Committee’s Terms of Reference.
Please click on the boxes below or the folders to the left of this webpage to access the content you’re interested in. To contact the SEL IMOC team, please fill in the enquiry form or call the South East London CCG switchboard number: 020 8176 5330.