The Electronic Prescription Services (EPS) was introduced by the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC). The service allows prescriptions to be sent electronically via the NHS spine from the surgery to your nominated pharmacy.
You are able to nominate a pharmacy or appliance contractor to have your prescriptions sent electronically. Your surgery will always be able to see who you have nominated, so if you forget who you have nominated, just ask them to check.
- You can nominate any pharmacy within England who have signed up to EPS
- You can nominate a pharmacy close to your place of work
- Useful if you are visiting another part of the country for a long period
- You can change your nomination at any point, or even cancel it and ask for a paper prescription
- Prescriptions sent via EPS reduce your need to visit the surgery to collect your prescription
Electronic Repeat Dispensing
If you or someone you care for uses the same medicines regularly, you may be able to benefit from using the NHS Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) service. This means you won’t have to re-order or collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP practice every time you need more medicine. See the A new way to get your regular prescriptions leaflet for more information.