Guy’s and St Thomas’ and King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trusts went live with their new electronic health record on October 5. We are aware that the roll out impacted some of the ways primary and secondary care interface and partners have been working to address the digital issues over the last few weeks.
Thanks to your input, we are aware of some instances where systems are working as intended, but there are improvements identified to support clinical practice. Two new forums have been established to help escalate and address these outstanding concerns.
- A Primary Care Liaison Group has been established to help take forward optimisation requests and further strengthen the interface between primary and secondary care. The group includes representatives from across the acute Trusts and primary care, alongside leaders within the ICB.
- A Primary Care Standardisation Group has convened to improve the understanding of how different processes are carried out in primary care across the six boroughs, with a view to achieve consensus on how to align and where possible standardise moving forwards. This group includes primary care representatives from every borough.
Over the last three months, we’ve been sharing regular updates on this webpage and via a couple of bulletins each week. Moving forwards, the SEL GP bulletin that is shared every Thursday will contain any updates you need to be aware of.
Ongoing support for issues
Moving forwards, please use the below contact details for ongoing support. A useful summary guide has been created to print and display in your practice.
- Pathology/tQuest issues – please contact email@example.com (if required to send PID, Synnovis will advise the user to send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radiology/ICE issues – kch-tr.KingsICESupport@nhs.net
- MESH/Docman letters – SEL ICB service desk and Bromley Healthcare service desk
- DTS errors, other digital issues or queries – SEL ICB service desk and Bromley Healthcare service desk
- Escalations/quality alerts – please complete the e-form available