This two year nationally funded programme of support, learning and development is available to all newly qualified GPs and general practice nurses (GPNs), who hold a substantive role for four or more clinical sessions. With an explicit focus on working within and across a Primary Care Network, the SPIN component of the programme offers:
- Introduction into permanent GP or GPN employment with portfolio opportunity for 2 years
- Access to funding for 1-2 portfolio or CPD session per week and individual CPD budget
For a total of nine sessions (incl. clinical sessions), the set rate for the portfolio session reimbursement in south east London (SEL) is £10,500 for GPs and £5,500 for GPNs.
Directory of Portfolio Opportunities
The role descriptions of the available portfolio opportunities are listed below
Who can apply?
- Newly qualified GPs or GPNs within 12 months of qualifying (or be up to 18 months post-training in the instances of maternity/adoption/parental leave) in substantive roles employed in the borough
- Newly qualified GPNs undertaking the six-month fundamental course or the one year academic course
- Participants may also be international recruits, where they meet the other criteria
To express interest or portfolio ideas, please contact the Training Hub in Southwark at email@example.com.
For any questions, please contact Parise Wiggins (the SEL Fellowship Programme Support) at firstname.lastname@example.org.