Age Well supports our older and frail population and aims to:
“support the development of integrated, neighbourhood-based networks that keep people as healthy and independent as possible in their home, and for those admitted to hospital enables safe and timely discharge”
The Age Well workstream focuses on keeping older people and their carers as healthy and independent as possible in their home and the community through:
- Joining and connecting neighbourhood services and teams to ensure access to the right support is as easy and as fast as it can be
- Proactive health and care, reducing the need to reach crisis by responding to deterioration early
- Focusing on social determinants (social, economic, and environmental factors) which impact health and wellbeing
- Providing a holistic offer of support working collaboratively with the person and their carer
- Ensuring support is accessible, appropriate, and acceptable for the person, received in the home and/or in their neighbourhood.
You can see what the Age Well workstream are currently working on under ‘Age Well in action’ below.