The Lewisham borough-based board is a prime committee of NHS South East London Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). It has executive powers delegated to it by the CCG’s governing body for planning and funding (commissioning) services in Lewisham, as part of the organisation’s overall commissioning plans for south east London.
The board’s role is to ensure that decisions are taken at the right scale for delegated services and to involve the council wherever possible.
The board is responsible for commissioning:
- GP services
- Community health services (for example district nursing)
- Services for specific patient needs (for example in mental health and services for children and young people)
- Medicines optimisation (for example making the best use of medicines to support community based care)
- Continuing healthcare (for example for people with disabilities or people who are approaching the end of their lives)
The Lewisham borough-based board is accountable to Lewisham Council’s Healthier Communities Select Committee and works closely with the borough’s Health and Wellbeing Board and Lewisham Health and Care Partners local care partnership.
NHS South East London CCG values public views on health care across its six boroughs and is committed to transparency in all areas of our Governance.
Meetings of the Lewisham borough-based board are held in public every two months. There is dedicated time to enable members of the public to ask questions at each meeting.
Due to Government advice, we are not currently able to hold our Lewisham borough based board meetings in public. However, you can still:
- Submit questions related to the agenda in writing which will be responded to at the meeting or in written form afterwards and made available on the website. Please send them to: LEWCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org Please submit any questions at least three days in advance of each meeting.
Watch our meetings live through Microsoft Teams. Guidance to help people to watch the meeting will be added prior to the meeting. Although we cannot meet in the usual way, we are committed to ensuring the public have access to us – and these meetings – at this time. Please do ‘virtually’ attend or contact us through the email address above.