The Greenwich borough-based board is a prime committee of NHS South East London Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). It has executive powers delegated to it by the CCG’s governing body for planning and funding (commissioning) services in Greenwich, as part of the organisations overall commissioning plans for south east London.
The board’s role is to ensure that decisions are taken at the right scale for delegated services and to involve the council wherever possible.
The board is responsible for commissioning:
- GP services
- Community health services (for example district nursing)
- Services for specific patient needs (for example in mental health and services for children and young people)
- Medicines optimisation (for example making the best use of medicines to support community based care)
- Continuing healthcare (for example for people with disabilities or people who are approaching the end of their lives)
The Greenwich borough-based board works closely with the Royal Borough of Greenwich’s Health and Wellbeing Board and the Healthier Greenwich Alliance, which is our local care partnership with our wider partners and providers. The Director of Adults & Health Services, Director of Public Health, and Director of Childrens Services are full members of the borough-based board, so we can make joint and collaborative decisions across health and care.
NHS South East London CCG values public views on health care across its six boroughs and is committed to transparency in all areas of our Governance.
Meetings of the Greenwich borough-based board are held in public every two months. There is dedicated time for members of the public to ask questions at each meeting.
Due to Government advice, we are not currently able to hold our Greenwich borough based board meetings in public. However, you can still:
- Submit questions related to the agenda in writing which will be responded to at the meeting or in written form afterwards and made available on the website. Please send them to: email@example.com please submit any questions at least three days in advance of each meeting.
- Watch our meetings live through Microsoft Teams. Guidance to help people to watch the meeting is available in the document below. Although we cannot meet in the usual way, we are committed to ensuring the public have access to us – and these meetings – at this time. Please do ‘virtually’ attend or contact us through the email address above. Click to access Greenwich Borough Based Board – Teams Live Event