Covid-19 has affected nearly every aspect of our daily lives. Never before have our health and care services faced such an overwhelming challenge, or had to respond and adapt so quickly.
In responding to the challenges of Covid-19, we have worked as One Bromley to support local people stay healthy and well.
During the pandemic, we sped up implementation of our improvement plans to ensure local people could continue to access the care and support they need, with a One Bromley “control centre” co-ordinating our response.
We have developed a comprehensive recovery plan which describes how as One Bromley we will continue to restart those services paused in the pandemic, take steps to reduce the risk and manage the second wave of Covid-19. We will apply the lessons from the response so far to our long-term ambitions for health and care in Bromley. This includes:
- Supporting and empowering our residents to have healthier and more independent lives.
- Giving every child in Bromley the best possible start in life.
- Reducing health inequalities.
- Providing personalised and proactive care to our most vulnerable residents.
- Ensuring mental health conditions are given the same priority as physical health.
- Enabling partners and services in Bromley to work as a single system to deliver integrated care.
- Reducing duplication and enabling more people to be cared for in the community.
In response to feedback from our residents at the One Bromley Recovery event held in August, and suggestions from our partners and patient network we have created a simplified recovery leaflet for Bromley residents. It provides important information about how to keep well and stay safe from Covid-19.
If you would like to share your views about any of our recovery plans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.