As many as one in four people will experience some form of mental illness at some point in their lives.
Whether you’re lonely, concerned about money or debt, are coping with bereavement, feel overwhelmed after being diagnosed with a new medical condition, or just feel a bit stressed or down – it is important to know that you are not alone.
In Bexley, there are a range of free resources, online support, helplines and services available to help you.
Resources for Adults
In order to help find the support that’s right for you, please have a look at our adult mental health and wellbeing resource pack. This includes our preferred links and advice for adults.
Resources for Children and Young People
Our resource pack for children and young people includes our preferred links and advice for children, young people and anyone supporting a child or young person in Bexley.
In an emergency
If you feel suicidal and you feel unable to keep yourself (or others) safe, you should call 999 or attend an A&E Department (Queen Elizabeth Hospital Woolwich or Darent Valley Hospital).
If you need to speak to someone about how you are feeling, the Oxleas Crisis Line 0800 330 8590 is a 24hr telephone service for residents of Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich who may be experiencing a mental health crisis. The crisis line provides an opportunity to talk to a mental health professional about your mental health crisis. The service also provides advice and information for carers, family and friends who may know someone experiencing a mental health crisis.
At other times of crisis please contact:
- Your registered GP surgery (Monday to Friday, 8am -6.30pm)
- Samaritans: call 116 123 or visit www.samaritans.org (24 hour service)
- The Bexley Crisis Café is a safe and friendly place to come to if you are experiencing severe emotional or psychological distress. The service provides access to mental health support and advice from mental health and wellbeing professionals.
- Opening times: 6pm – 10pm from Monday to Sunday and Bank Holidays.
- Location: Mind in Bexley 2a Devonshire Road, Bexleyheath, DA6 8DS