The Bexley borough-based board is a prime committee of NHS South East London Clinical Commissioning Group and has executive powers delegated to it by the governing body of the CCG. The board has delegated responsibility for planning and funding (commissioning) services in Bexley, as part of the overall commissioning plans of NHS South East London CCG.
The board’s role is to ensure that decisions are taken at the right scale for delegated services and involve the council wherever possible. The board is responsible for commissioning:
- GP services
- Community health services (for example district nursing)
- Services for specific patient needs (for example in mental health and services for children and young people)
- Medicines optimisation (for example making the best use of medicines to support community based care)
- Continuing healthcare (for example for people with disabilities or people who are approaching the end of their lives)
The Bexley board works closely with the borough’s Health and Wellbeing Board and the overview and scrutiny committees.
NHS South East London CCG values public views on healthcare across its six boroughs and is committed to transparency in all areas of our governance.
Meetings of the Bexley borough-based board are held in public every two months. There is dedicated time to enable members of the public to ask questions at each meeting.
Due to government advice, the Bexley borough-based board meetings in public cannot take place in person. However, members of the public can still:
- Submit questions related to the agenda in writing which will be responded to at the meeting or in written form afterwards and made available on the website. Please send them to: email@example.com Please submit any questions at least three days in advance of each meeting.
- Watch the meetings live through Microsoft Teams. There will also be the ability to ask questions during the live event. Guidance to help people to watch the meeting is available in the document below.
Although the board cannot meet in the usual way, members are committed to ensuring the public still feel they have access to these meetings at this time. Please virtually attend via Microsoft Teams Live or contact the board via the email address above.