Our NHS People
Website supporting all NHS Staff :Helping you manage your own health and wellbeing whilst looking after others. people.nhs.uk Includes access to:
- a confidential helpline and text message support
- free 1:1 wellbeing support sessions with clinicians and coaches through project5
- access to free mental health and wellbeing apps.
Free well-being Apps for NHS staff – now extended until March 31st 2021
- Unmind is a mental health platform that empowers staff to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Sign up with your NHS email address.
- Headspace is a science-backed app in mindfulness and meditation, providing unique tools and resources to help reduce stress, build resilience, and aid better sleep.
- Sleepio is a clinically-evidenced sleep improvement programme that is fully automated and highly personalised, using cognitive behavioural techniques to help improve poor sleep.
- Daylight is a smartphone-based app that provides help to people experiencing symptoms of worry and anxiety, using evidence-based cognitive behavioural techniques, voice, and animation.
Practitioner Health Programme (PHP)
Resources including wellbeing webinars and podcasts
PHP is a specialist mental health service for Doctors, Dentists, Medical Students in clinical years and Retired GPs returning to practice. It can be accessed by self-referral. The service can help with issues relating to a mental health concern, including stress or depression or an addiction problem, in particular where these might affect work. The service is provided by health professionals specialising in mental health support to doctors.
Free mindfulness resource from Kings Health Partners (New January 2021)
All staff in SEL can now access Mindfulness for All guided meditation sessions via the KHP Learning Hub. Further details can be found here.
Royal College of Nurses Support
A range of free services for members of the Royal College of Nurses including counselling, peer support and welfare service
BMA Wellbeing Support
A range of free services for Doctors and Medical Students (regardless of BMA membership) including 24/7 counselling and peer support
Support for Managers and Leaders
- Staff and volunteers at the forefront of the national COVID-19 response across England can now access a free Psychological First Aid training course.
Risk framework for staff
- GST BAME Risk Assessment managers Guide
- SE London COVID-19 CCG and Primary Care Staff Risk Assessment Guidance, June 2020
- Risk Reduction Framework for NHS staff at risk of COVID-19 infection
Don’t forget that we are working with the Money Advice Service to provide all health and social care staff with free and independent financial support. We have a variety of offers that you are able to access or signpost colleagues to who may need this support:
- Support line: Free and impartial money advice
- Online support: Hub of Resources
- Virtual interactive events: Managing Your Money
If you need support now, you can contact the Money Advice Service for free, confidential and impartial money advice by telephone on 0800 448 0826, via WhatsApp to +44 7701 342 744 and via web chat.
SEL CCG support
- SEL CCG Top tips for keeping health, safe and well (14 August bulletin)
- Key human factors messages – when working under pressure
- Supportive Doctors Mess during Covid-19 via Zoom
Good teamwork, leadership and communication – non-technical skills – will give you,
patients and colleagues a better chance of staying safe.
- Managing stress during Covid: Brief training for managers and leaders
- Checklist for leaders and managers to help their teams feel safe
- Health, safety and wellbeing advice collated by NHS Employers
- Communication in Healthcare. Free training modules from KHP learning
A series of short videos on staff wellbeing, compassion and supportive leadership and teams during Covid-19 crisis
- Looking after colleagues during the COVID-19 crisis (5mins)
- Compassionate leadership during the Covid-19 crisis (10 mins)
- Effective team working (6 mins)
- Caring for the carers (10 mins)
- Bereavement support for #OurNHSPeople. Staff can access bereavement support online or call the confidential bereavement support line, operated by Hospice UK, on 0300 303 4434. This is free to access from 8am – 8pm, seven days a week.