For current SELCCG safeguarding advice (Jan 2022), please see Southwark Safeguarding Team – South East London CCG (selondonccg.nhs.uk)
Please see the NHS England and Improvement (London Region) safeguarding bulletin (December 2020) for information including the impact of Covid on safeguarding and the babysteps programme for new parents.
There are no changes to our professional duty for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Social care colleagues, Independent Domestic Violence Advisors and referral pathways remain in place to support as we work in continued collaboration. Remain ever mindful that for our vulnerable patients and families, many will be disproportionately impacted by current events. Domestic violence remains a significant concern. Please use every contact with families and known potentially vulnerable adults to ask how they are coping.
- RCGP Safeguarding advice during COVID 19
- COVID-19: 10 Top Tips for GP Practice Safeguarding Leads
- Free NHS safeguarding app
- Join the ‘COVID Safeguarding digital community of practice’
Also follow #COVIDSafeguarding via @NHSsafeguarding who will be posting daily updates and key messages
Older adults– Safeguarding: see Safeguarding section
Director of Health and Justice, Armed Forces and Sexual Assault Referral Centres, Kate Davies, and National Head of Safeguarding, Kenny Gibson, have co-written a letter to remind NHS staff of their responsibility to identify, safeguard and care for individuals who they think may be victims and survivors of domestic and/or sexual abuse.
- Iris: Guidance for GP teams responding to domestic abuse during remote (telephone and video) consultations. Guidance and support is available to all staff. IRIS have also produced resources to support reception staff.
The RCGP has produced updated guidance on recording of domestic violence (updated January 2021)
- Bexley team net: All local CCG safeguarding resources and links (Adults and children). Please note this is password protected.
- Bromley Practice Zone contains up to date referral information for Safeguarding Adults and Children and to continue to use the Referral Optimisation Protocol which has embedded local referrals to the EMIS system.
- Southwark: Approach to safeguarding during Covid
- Southwark; Domestic abuse – Guidance and resources during Covid
Child Safeguarding during Covid-19