- Southwark Long-Covid pathway. A guide for Southwark General Practice for managing post-acute Covid infection
- Southwark Long Covid webinar – 3 September 2020
- Health Education England has developed a helpful e-learning resource for healthcare professionals to understand the management of the key issues of long COVID; breathlessness, fatigue, exercise and cough.
GSTT: Critical illness recovery service. The service provides a critical illness recovery multidisciplinary (MDT) outpatient clinic primarily for patients discharged from GSTT intensive care unit.
Post-covid clinic (GST: Lambeth and Southwark)
The respiratory post COVID clinic ceased on the 9th July. If you are concerned about patients with significant respiratory symptoms following suspected or proven COVID infection, we will see referrals in our respiratory medicine clinics (Lambeth and Southwark only). Please include the following information in your referral:
- CXR report
- COVID result if available (swab or antibody test)
- Details of any previous ED or hospital attendance
- Blood test results
- Baseline observations (resting and ambulatory HR, oxygen saturation)
If the CXR is normal, we will triage to the general respiratory clinic. If the CXR is abnormal, we will triage to the ILD team. If all tests are normal, we are likely to encourage further observation and support within primary care.
Respiratory post COVID clinic (Kings, Lewisham, Greenwich) note that if the patients have been seen at King’s College Hospital or Lewisham and Greenwich (ED or ward admission) they should be referred to these hospitals directly as their COVID clinics are still running.
If you are unsure about the need for secondary care assessment, please send an advice and guidance request via e-RS or call via Consultant Connect.
- Recovery after Coronavirus: Patient leaflet that provides advice on managing physical symptoms of breathlessness, fatigue, anxiety, swallow changes, eating and drinking.
- Spanish and Portuguese versions are also available.