- Southwark Long-Covid pathway. A guide for Southwark General Practice for managing post-acute Covid infection
- Southwark Long Covid webinar – 3 September 2020
- RCGP Guide to Managing the Long-Term Effects of Covid pending the release of NICE guidance (planned for December 2020
- NICE has now published a guideline on post-Covid Syndrome (Updated 18th December 2020)
- Health Education England has developed a helpful e-learning resource for healthcare professionals to understand the management of the key issues of long COVID; breathlessness, fatigue, exercise and cough.
- Your Covid Recovery NHS website for patients with information on Covid recovery. Guidance for using the website available here
- BMJ Webinar: Long Covid: How to define it and how to manage it, September 2020
- BMJ Article: Management of post-acute Covid in Primary Care, August 2020 including podcast with author
- BMJ Article with helpful guidance on returning to physical activity after covid-19 infection
Guidance on return to work for people with long COVID
The Faculty of Occupational Medicine has published guidance for healthcare professionals to assist them in facilitating the return to work of people who are unable to work due to long COVID.
Post COVID-19 rehabilitation based services pathway (GSTT)
The Post COVID-19 rehabilitation based services pathway has been produced to support clinicians in the referral and management of patients recovering from COVID-19 to rehabilitation services at Guy’s and St Thomas’.
It includes a directory of services that are provided by hospital site based out-patient services (remote or face to face) and community based community teams.
Download the document here.
GSTT: Critical illness recovery service. The service provides a critical illness recovery multidisciplinary (MDT) outpatient clinic primarily for patients discharged from GSTT intensive care unit.
Post-covid clinic (GST: Lambeth and Southwark)
The respiratory post COVID clinic ceased on the 9th July. If you are concerned about patients with significant respiratory symptoms following suspected or proven COVID infection, we will see referrals in our respiratory medicine clinics (Lambeth and Southwark only). Please include the following information in your referral:
- CXR report
- COVID result if available (swab or antibody test)
- Details of any previous ED or hospital attendance
- Blood test results
- Baseline observations (resting and ambulatory HR, oxygen saturation)
If the CXR is normal, we will triage to the general respiratory clinic. If the CXR is abnormal, we will triage to the ILD team. If all tests are normal, we are likely to encourage further observation and support within primary care.
Respiratory post COVID clinic (Kings, Lewisham, Greenwich) note that if the patients have been seen at King’s College Hospital or Lewisham and Greenwich (ED or ward admission) they should be referred to these hospitals directly as their COVID clinics are still running.
If you are unsure about the need for secondary care assessment, please send an advice and guidance request via e-RS or call via Consultant Connect.
- Recovery after Coronavirus: Patient leaflet that provides advice on managing physical symptoms of breathlessness, fatigue, anxiety, swallow changes, eating and drinking.
- Spanish and Portuguese versions are also available.