Advance Care Planning – see Pro-active care for at risk patients
Guidance of death and certification – see the resources section.
- End of life care during COVID-19: London Clinical Networks Support Document. A comprehensive document signposting to multiple resources in London.
- EOL/COVID-19 Guide including community palliative and bereavement care (RCGP). A guide to end of life care symptom control when a person is dying from COVID-19
- Helping break unwelcome news: HEE/HIN Resource Park. A set of materials and films to support staff through difficult conversations arising from COVID-19
- End of Life Care – FAQs for GP’s (Southwark)
- SEL COVID-19 Bereavement Resources
- Macmillan Guidance for Patients with Cancer during COVID-19 pandemic
- What to expect when someone is dying – a leaflet for families/carers (GST)
- Videos to support end of life decisions (GST)
- Covid information for families (Mayor of London). Practical advice for family members when somebody has died.
Clinical resources, including borough-specific
- EOL care, advanced care planning, death notifications (Greenwich and Bexley)
- Lambeth: GP check-list for EOL care at home
- Care for a dying person (St.Christopher’s & GST). Includes detailed advice on symptom control, hydration, nutrition and other resources for the dying process.
Palliative Care Medicines
- SEL CCG Protocol for the supply of end of life drugs by Community Pharmacy
- Palliative Care Guidance for management of COVID-19 in the community setting (GSTT) UPDATE DUE SOON
- Guidance on symptoms control: London clinical network
- Symptom control advice last few days of life (GST). A comprehensive document if you need specific detailed information
- Guidance for carers to administer s/c medications
- Pan-London Symptom Control Chart (Version 3)
- Covering letter.
- Procedure for the use of a PanLondon Symptom Control Medication
- Policy for the use of a PanLondon Symptom Control Medication Authorisation and Administration Record (MAAR) Chart for subcutaneous and intramuscular medication in the community setting.
- Pan-London symptom control medication authorisation and administration record.
- Example of Pan-London symptom control medication authorisation and administration record
- 24 Hours continuous subcutaneous infusion from a syringe pump administration record and checklist.
- Pan-London symptom control medication authorisation and administration record (MAAR)
Resources from the NHS England Hosted Pan- London MAAR chart Webinar
Information for Community Pharmacies:
- Contact details of nominated community pharmacies in SEL CCG
- Local Palliative Care Medicines Lists
- Local information for borough delivery process: Southwark
- Local information for borough delivery process: Lambeth
St Christopher’s: open to referrals as usual for both their community offer and inpatient unit. Accepting referrals 7 days a week and continue to accept Covid+ patients. Please refer in the usual way by calling 020 8768 4500 (24 hrs a day) or email a referral form.
- For emergency referrals please call the number provided above.
- St Christopher’s have launched an online wellbeing programme
- Professional advice please call 020 8768 4582 rather than use the central number.
- St Christopher’s have developed a suite of documents to support you to manage people reaching the end of life and a series of webinars, bitesize sessions and on demand courses – includes verification or death to advance care planning.
- Resuscitation Council UK Statement on COVID-19 in relation to CPR and resuscitation in first aid and community settings
Compression only CPR with patients mouth and nose covered in cloth. Safe to use defibrillator.