Flu resource pack for PCNs and all GPs
NHSE/I released a resources pack for the 20/21 flu vaccination programme last Friday (18 September) for all PCNs and practices. Page 12 is particularly helpful in dealing with requests for the flu vaccine from the 50-64 yr olds.
Flu Vaccination 2020
SE London CCG is committed to maximising every opportunity for our residents to receive the flu vaccination this year.
- SE London CCG is also keen to support the opportunity for our general practice providers to deliver an enhanced programme of flu vaccination.
- SEL CCG encourages boroughs to explore a range of approaches to delivery through a blended approach of considering general practice, federation and PCN arrangements
- The CCG encourages general practice, federations and PCN to consider a range of delivery models to maximise the flexibility and accessibility of flu vaccinations to their patients
- The CCG will work with the LWLMC, local LMCs and borough teams to agree a financial framework for any additional appropriate and reasonable costs that would be incurred through this model. This may include the rental of large venues and any cost of vaccines which have not been used. This will take into account any local borough arrangements.
- The CCG will support borough arrangements through SEL-wide communications.
- The CCG will establish links with NHS London to ensure a flow of communication to borough teams
- The CCG will commit to facilitating the effective distribution of centrally procured flu vaccinations through NHS England.
- The CCG will work with practices, federations and PCNs to embed every contact counts and ensure that all opportunities to improve the interface between community, acute and primary care are taken to maximise the uptake of flu vaccinations.
- The CCG expect only appropriately qualified staff with relevant skills and competencies to administer the flu vaccinations in line with Patient Group Directions and Patient Specific Directions.
- Primary care immunisation update webinar series 2020 – a free training resource for immunisers in London Developed and provided by PHE London and funded by NHS England and NHS Improvement London.
- Information on the CQC flu vaccination arrangements for registration.
- Communication from the Royal College of General Practitioners: Delivering Mass Vaccinations During COVID-19 A Logistical Guide for General Practice.
- The Royal College of Nursing communication, ‘Immunisation Services and Large-Scale Vaccination Delivery During COVID-19.