CYP – Safeguarding: see Safeguarding section
- Parents to be alert to signs that children could be experiencing anxiety, distress or low mood as some pupils return to school
- Shielding advice for children and young people
- Staying at home and away from others
- Guidance for households with possible coronavirus and live with children
- Paediatric advice from NHSE
- Important message for all clinicians caring for children and young people
- Poster ‘Advice for Parents during COVID 19’
- Letter to send to families of younger children during COVID-19 and how to access care
- Letter to send to 13-19 yr old patients explaining COVID-19 pandemic and how to access care
- RCPCH – guidance for paeds services
- Vital sign ranges for children and young people
- NHSE alert: Gastro-intestinal symptoms and abdominal pain as high risk for Covid
- Hyperinflammatory syndrome: What is it and how do I recognise it?
Important message from Paediatrics: Clinicians are urged to continue to discuss/ refer urgent paediatric cases as you would normally.
- Advice from Great Ormond Street – Advice from individual departments for specific conditions. Very few children develop severe infections with COVID-19 – whether they are immunocompromised or not. Continue any regular medication unless your doctor advises otherwise.
Guidance on delivering childhood immunisations during COVID-19. NHSE/I (London Region) has provided a patient guidance leaflet (below) which can be sent to patients when you call them into practice. Also provided is the pack that Conecting4Health developed to support practices in delivering childhood immunisations. If you have any queries regarding this information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public guidance – attending a vaccination appointment.
- Advice for parents about routine vaccinations during COVID-19.
- Healthcare provider leaflet, childhood vaccinations during COVID-19.
- Message to accompany the bundle.
Patient/ family information
- Patient advice – resources for parents and carers
- Talking to children and young people about Covid-19
- Helplines for children and young people
- Childrens guide to coronavirus
- Southwark film on the benefits of childhood immunisations during the pandemic
Paediatric Intensive Care
- Paediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome temporally associated with COVID-19
- PICS Statement: Increased number of reported cases of novel presentation of multi-system inflammatory disease
Asthma management during COVID – See Respiratory section. Also refer to CES Asthma Guide
- Government Guidance for supporting children and young people’s mental health
- The Nest: Southwark service for mental health and wellbeing support for 13-25 years olds
- Kooth: Safe and anonymous on-line support – 7 days a week.
- Childline: 0800 1111
- The Calm Zone Webchat and Free phone helpline 0800 585858 , 5pm – midnight
- This standard operating procedure outlines the responsibilities of health visiting staff for the delivery of the services, including the 5 mandated contacts, and managing current caseloads which will include families with safeguarding concerns and those with vulnerabilities, during the COVID-19 pandemic.