Updated London Care Homes Resource Pack.
- Please find a link to version five of the London Care Homes Resource Pack and webinar from the Health London Partnership (Updated 22nd October 2020): Provides clear one stop shop for information on care homes during Covid.
Guidance for GPs: COVID-19 step-up testing of residents into care homes in
• Step-up testing refers to COVID-19 testing of residents moving from the community into
an adult residential care home.
• A standard operating procedure (SOP) has been developed to facilitate GPs, care home
managers and social workers involved in the process.
Guidance for GPs: COVID-19 step-up testing of residents into care homes in Southwark
- Step-up testing refers to COVID-19 testing of residents moving from the community into an adult residential care home.
· A standard operating procedure (SOP)* has been developed to facilitate GPs, care home managers and social workers involved in the process.
· If you are admitting a resident into a care home, please refer to the full standard operating procedure for step-up testing in attachment three.
Southwark step-up testing SOP overview:
· When a resident needs to be transferred to a care home, the resident will be referred to the @home services (Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust), to receive a test for COVID-19, before their admission to the care home. This referral will be made by the resident’s social worker.
· If the resident does not have a social worker, their GP will refer them to the @home service for testing. The @home service team will then visit the resident in their own home within 48 hours before their planned admission date and carry out a COVID-19 test.
· In emergency/urgent admissions, the resident will move into the care home and receive a test in the care home as soon as possible after admission.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*The SOP was designed by SEL CCG, Southwark Council Public Health Division, Southwark Council Children and Adult Care services and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Further support for Care Homes
- Structured Medication Review webinar (Care of the elderly) from July 2020
- RCGP/AHSN recorded webinar: Primary Care in Care Homes during COVID-19 from May 2020
- London Guidance for Care Homes: Suspected Coronavirus Care Pathway
- Primary care and community health support for care home residents . NHSE/I letter dated 1st May with guidance for primary care
- Government link for advice on coronavirus and care homes (Updated November 4th 2020)
Medicines (cross reference in medicines section)
Resources for Pharmacists